A temporary vacancy has opened up in the constituency office of Alasdair Allan MSP for the role of constituency assistant.
The successful applicant will be contracted for between 25 and 35 hours per week for the months of April, May and June, to be worked on a flexible basis between the office opening hours of 9.30am – 5pm.
Salary is between £21,000 - £24,000 pro rata (based on 35 hour work week) depending on skills and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with general public enquiries in a polite and friendly manner.
- Dealing with casework effectively and efficiently.
- Investigating and responding to issues raised through correspondence, telephone calls, emails and surgeries.
- Tracking the responses to constituents and ensuring all enquiries are answered within the agreed timescale.
- Maintaining the casework tracking system and ensuring it is up to date.
- Ensuring the MSP is well briefed on constituency matters, drafting responses and briefing notes where appropriate.
- Attending meetings and events as and when required.
- Monitoring the MSP’s inbox and social media traffic for incoming constituent enquiries.
- Attend surgeries and other meetings to assist MSP in dealing with constituents’ issues.
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Assisting with various office duties as directed.
- Strong understanding of Scottish Politics
- Self-motivated and able to manage your own workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to deal respect the need for confidentiality when dealing with constituents’ issues.
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter showing how you meet the requirements to Alasdair Allan MSP at either of the following addresses:
- Address: Alasdair Allan MSP, 20 Kenneth Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis
Closing date is 5pm, Wednesday 13th March 2019. Interviews will take place W/C 18th March 2019.