SNP MSP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar, Alasdair Allan, has urged everyone in the Western Isles to submit their completed census form as soon as possible, if they have not done so already. The census collection closing date is Monday 1st May, and it is both a civic and a legal obligation for each household to complete the form.

The data gathered by Scotland’s census is used to help the government and other service providers make important decisions about vital services such as education, healthcare and employment. The latest figures show that almost 80% of households in the Western Isles have already completed and submitted their census forms, but this leaves 20% who have still to do so before this Monday.

With just one week left until the census deadline, Allan commented:

“Filling out the census form is hugely important for every household, as the results of Scotland’s Census will help local authorities, the health service, public bodies, charities, businesses and the government plan a wide range of vital public services. The census data will contribute to improving the lives of those living and working in the Western Isles and across the whole country.

“I would encourage anyone who has not already submitted their household’s form to do so at the earliest opportunity in advance of Monday’s deadline. There is support available online and over the phone for anyone who might need help with filling out the census.”

Advice and support is available on the website www.census.gov.scot or via the free helpline on 0800 030 8308.

Guidance is available for every question in Scottish Gaelic, English and 15 other languages on the census website. An interpretation service covering most languages can be accessed by calling 0800 030 8333. You can also request copies of the guidance in Braille, large print or on audio CD or USB. There are guidance videos in British Sign Language on the key pages of the website and a video relay service offered by contactscotland-bsl.org can be used by BSL users to access advice from the helpline.

 

 

Cruinnich - bringing communities together

Twitter latest

Newsletter

Subscribe to Alasdair's mailing list

By ticking this box you confirm you would like to receive updates from Alasdair Allan MSP by

You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at alasdair.allan.msp@parliament.scot. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.

We use MailChimp as our marketing automation platform. By clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be transferred to MailChimp for processing in accordance with their Privacy Policy and Terms.